11/08/2006

Darlene D's Story































I went to see Dr. Brian R. West for a breast reduction. He seemed so charming and knowledgable, but I now know that was all a front.

He tore up my breast and ruined me. After the surgery, I was infected and my breast wrapped around my entire upper body like a tire or donut. One big giant breast. I had holes everywhere. A month afterward, I almost died and was rushed to the hospital due to the infections.

For over a year and a half, I had a hole 1 1/2 inches deep and over 12 inches wide that I to pack with gauze because of the infection. Also, I spent over 2 months in the hyper oxygen chamber 2 hours per day due to the infections. This was a "Nightmare." The suffering, the pain was more than I could bare. I wish this on no one.

What makes me even more angry is that Dr. West sent me a letter dated April 14, 2003 that he was closing his practice and the envelope was stamped April 26, 2003; however, my surgery was on April 18, 2003. (see above) He was in such a rush to do my surgery, to make his money quickly, close his practice in a hurry, file for bankruptcy and had the nerve to list all his patients in it (including Medi_Cal, who was my insurance for this surgery). He knew he would be sued from many patients, so he filed for bankruptcy before any of us had a chance to sue for medical malpractice. He had planned his getaway very cleverly. But unfortunately, he injured so many before the closure of his office.

How could he have done this to me, knowing he was closing his practice. The suffering and pain I have gone through and continue to go through, not to mention the so-called breasts I'm left with. It looks like I have 4 breasts. I hope and pray the Medical Board revokes his license.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home