File a Complaint Against a Doctor

Here’s a list of things to do if you have a medical complaint against Dr. West or any doctor:

  1. File a complaint with the California Medical Board, go to the California Medical Board’s website and print out the Medical Complaint form, read the instructions and complete it.
  2. Make copies of your complaint along with your photos, before and after surgery and any other documentation you feel is necessary to make your case.
  3. Hand deliver or send a return receipt to the California Medical Board located at 1426 Howe Ave. Suite 54 Sacramento, CA 95825-3236. If you hand deliver your complaint form, make sure you have two copies, one for them to keep date stamped and one for your records date stamped as your proof of delivery.
  4. Consult with a Medical Malpractice Attorney to see if you have a case and bring your records, documentation and photos.
  5. Call the California Medical Board within 30 days to see if your case has been assigned to an Investigator 916-263-2382. Follow up periodically with the Investigator to see if they need anything further from you and what the status of your case is.
  6. Be patient. It took 11 months for me to hear back from the Medical Board. I was told they are short staffed and they receive hundreds of complaints.


Post a Comment

<< Home